Ambarella S3L SoC Delivers H.265 Benefits for Home Monitoring and Mainstream Professional IP Cameras
S3L lowers storage costs and increases network utilization
"Our new S3L SoC family brings the low bit rate benefits of H.265 to
cloud-based home monitoring and mainstream professional cameras," said
The S3L family comprises software-compatible SoCs that range from the small foot-print, low-power S3LM SoC with single 16-bit memory, targeting the home monitoring and service provider markets, up to the professional-level S3L SoC with 32-bit memory, 1-GHz ARM® Cortex™-A9 CPU, and 5Mp30 video performance. It includes the capability to encode both H.265 and H.264 for backward compatibility with existing network infrastructure. S3L includes a flexible Linux® SDK (Software Development Kit) that allows IP camera manufacturers to create a wide range of highly differentiated products.
S3L Feature Summary
- H.265 (HEVC) and H.264 (AVC) encoding up to 5Mp30 video.
- Multiple and simultaneous H.265 and H.264 streams with independent resolution, frame rate and quality configurations.
- Image Sensor Pipeline (ISP) with SLVDS/MIPI®/HiSPi™ supporting up to 14-Megapixel resolution.
High Dynamic Range(HDR).
- Motion-compensated 3D noise reduction with de-ghosting to enhance low-light performance.
- Hardware-accelerated de-warping for 180-degree fisheye lenses.
- 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 CPU with L2 cache and floating point, NEON DSP acceleration and AES/3DES/SHA-1/MD5 encryption engine.
- Interfaces include Ethernet, USB 2.0 host/client, HDMI® 2.0, SDXC SD™ card, SPI, I2S and I2C.
- Low-power 28nm silicon technology.
- Package size: S3LM: 11x11 mm, S3L: 14x14 mm.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing and availability information can be obtained directly from
The URL for related images is: www.ambarella.com/about/news-events/press-images/S3L-press-images.html
All brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their
Valley Public Relations
Investor Relations Contact:
News Provided by Acquire Media